Deze website is een samenwerkingsverband tussen de Nederlandse Stichting Stimulering Doe Kunst en Agape Hope for Kibera gevestigd in Nairobi, Kenia. Het hart van de operatie is de school van Agape in het centrum van Kibera.
In de school krijgen 65 wees- en kwetsbare kinderen basisonderwijs en een warme maaltijd. Na school kunnen ze naar de bibliotheek die Agape heeft gebouwd en meedoen aan buitenschoolse sport- en spelactiviteiten. Vanuit de school wordt ook acute noodhulp verleend, in de vorm van voedselpakketten, medische hulp en maandverband.
Collins Orido Wasonga is de oprichter van zowel de Online Slum Tour als van de stichting Agape Hope for Kibera. Hij stelt zich graag aan u voor:
Agape Hope for Kibera werkt momenteel aan meerdere projecten. Het helpen van wezen en kwetsbare kinderen is een kernpunt voor de organisatie. In dit nieuwsbericht kunt u meer lezen over het ontstaan van deze website.
The programmes include (among others):
- Education (pre-school, school preparation and school transition); providing children with basic education and literacy and numeracy skills, prepare them to be integrated into mainstream schools. Although primary education is free in Kenyan schools, the parents cater for other requirements in school and the compulsory school uniform often remains well beyond the financial means of many of the families we work with and, as a result, many children fail to receive a basic education.
- Feeding Programme to provide food to approximately 60 children as a means of school drop-out prevention.
- Healthcare to ensure children have regular medical check ups and are treated for any existing healthcare problems.
- Structured play and creativity to provide children with the opportunity to rediscover their childhood through play.
- Psycho-social Support for the children and their guardian, persons with disability, youths, women and men in the community.
- Micro Finance Programme to empower families to start income generating activities in order to promote independence and financial self sufficiency hence quality lives.
AGAPE HOPE FOR KIBERA is a Community Based Organisation which was started in 2006. But got registered in the year 2010.
OUR VISION: To ensure that the whole community gets access to the best quality of life.
OUR MISSION: Believe in building partnership transforming life. We give special attention to orphans, youth and other vulnerable groups.
We currently work in Kibera, Nairobi with plans to spread to other slums in Nairobi.
Over the past years we have been able to embark on an OVC program (Orphans and Vulnerable Children) which currently has 65 vulnerable children. We currently offer early childhood education to the children. We also offer porridge for breakfast and hot lunch and provide them with school uniforms and stationaries.
Agape Hope for Kibera mandate is to:
- Education on behavioural change and communication and linking community institutions for support.
- Giving equal care for the children with emphasis on girls.
- Training of youth leaders, job placement and skills.
- Engaging kids and youth in Arts/Theatre all these in effort to keep them away from substance abuse and criminal activities.
- Promotion of clean fun for the youth and children by initiating clean fun activities.
- We also carry our Kibera Tour for organized groups and individuals.
- We also do youth outreach to schools and to street kids and mentorship.
For more details e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org